Depending on your accommodation package, your apartment will be cleaned once weekly by a regular team of cleaners. The cleaning schedule will be displayed in the building on a bulletin board, normally on the ground floor. If you arrive on a Monday and your cleaning day is scheduled for a Tuesday, you will not receive cleaning services for your first week. Please see below for the cleaners’ responsibilities and the required preparations that you must undertake in the apartment prior to your service.
Cleaners’ responsibilities include:
- Changing white linen such as pillow cases and sheets, other than at Conway Hall where laundering of sheets is your own responsibility. If you are still in bed when the cleaners call, you will miss your weekly change of linen
- Dusting and vacuuming all accessible areas in the apartment
- Cleaning kitchen and bathroom floors, all kitchen work surfaces, cooker tops and sinks, providing they’re clear
- Cleaning of bathroom(s) if access is available
Cleaners’ not responsible for:
- Picking up after you
- Washing your dishes
- Taking out more than two bags of rubbish on cleaning day.
Students are required to take out all other rubbish to designated areas
Your responsibilities in preparing for the cleaners include:
If relevant, stripping your beds of all dirty white linen, such as pillow cases and sheets. These should be placed in the bathtub on cleaning day. Laundering your duvet cover is your own responsibility
Clearing your bed of any valuable or sentimental items. Linen removed for cleaning will be gone for good, as we use an outside linen contractor that services tens of thousands of sheets daily,making it difficult to retrieve lost items (for which AES cannot take responsibility). If you use your own linen, please keep it in a drawer or cupboard, to avoid it being mistakenly sent to the contractor.
Making your apartment presentable for the cleaners to service
Want more information about Anglo Apartments?Enquire Now